Inflammation of the prostate gland is a serious disease that can lead to serious consequences if left untreated. Prostate located under the bladder.
When it gets inflamed, it increases significantly in size, blocking the neck of the bladder and obstructing the outflow of urine. Therefore, when the first symptoms and manifestations, it is necessary to immediately consult a specialist to identify and begin treatment of prostatitis.
Main symptoms: what is prostatitis?
It used to be that it is a disease of older men, but in modern conditions of life (environment, quality of food, fashion, negligent attitude of young people towards their health, the constant movement of the car, etc.) inflammation of the prostate gland is much "younger".
The incidence of young people under the age of 18 years is 5%, ranging in age from 18 to 30 years – 45%, from 30 to 50 years – 20%, more than 50 years – 30%. This suggests that to watch your men's health and listen to the symptoms it is necessary from a young age.
There are several types of prostatitis on the form of manifestation (chronic, acute) and inflammation (bacterial, stagnant, festering, infectious, calculous). Symptoms of the disease is different, depending on the type of inflammation of the prostate gland in men.
Symptoms of acute prostatitis:
- feeling unwell (weakness, chills, fever). Humans can begin to drop then hot, then cold. Common symptoms resemble a manifestation of SARS or influenza;
- a sharp increase in body temperature to subfebrile level (37,5-38 C) and above;
- strong cutting, stabbing pain in the perineum (the area of groin, anus, etc.);
- pain in the lower back, hips, radiating to legs, knees, feet or the leg muscles;
- a sharp pain that appears during defecation and straining;
- problems urinating (low / frequent urination, painful or difficult urination). Retention of urine for a long period of time (over 12 hours);
- deterioration of sexual function (weak or no erection, ejaculation, problems with conception);
- discharge from genitals (in the most severe cases of prostatitis).
Chronic prostatitis symptoms:
- urinary problems (difficulty urinating, pain, inadequate discharge of urine, feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, etc.);
- unpleasant nagging pains and sensations in the perineum, between the legs, in the groin, anus. Pain syndrome is not pronounced;
- groin sometimes there may be a sharp pain or an intense burning sensation, turning into a crotch;
- General malaise for a long period (drowsiness, apathy, depression, constant fatigue, muscle weakness, etc.);
- nervousness, irritability;
- a slight increase in body temperature. Sometimes a long time can keep low-grade fever;
- decreased sexual function (erection problems, decrease in or absence of ejaculation, decreased libido, infertility, etc.).
Chronic prostatitis requires such as periods of remission and relapse. In the period of recurrence of the symptoms of chronic form can develop into the symptoms of the acute form of the disease.
The symptoms of bacterial shapes:
- signs of inflammation (fever, fever, fever, General weakness, pain in muscles and bones);
- signs of local inflammation of the prostate (pain in the perineum, groin, anus);
- problematic urination;
- change the consistency, color and smell of the liquids (urine, prostate secretion, sperm, blood).
The symptoms of calculous form:
- weak and moderate pain syndrome in the lower back, sacral Department, perineum, anus;
- nagging pain and burning in the perineum, the groin;
- pain greatly intensified after intercourse and during active movement;
- problems with urination, feeling of fullness of the bladder;
- decreased libido, problems with ejaculation and erection (up to erectile dysfunction);
- in advanced cases, the sperm may appear a drop of blood (it turns light pink or bright red).
The symptoms of congestive forms:
- persistent discomfort in the groin, perineum and anus;
- periodic nagging pains in the perineum;
- troubled urination, feeling not up to the end inanis bladder;
- a steady increase in temperature to subfebrile level;
- manifestations of shared inflammatory process in the body (increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate in blood, malaise, drowsiness, fatigue, headaches, weakness, muscle pain, etc.);
- problems in the sexual sphere (weak erection and ejaculation, infertility);
- nervous condition, depression, apathy.
The symptoms of infectious forms:
- signs of inflammation in the body (increased value of ESR in the blood men, muscle pain, increased body temperature);
- aching pain in the lower back, the groin and the perineum;
- pain during bowel movements;
- sharp pain in the groin and perineum;
- problems with urination (difficulty, frequent urination, lack of urination, etc.).
The symptoms purulent forms:
- sudden severe fever (above 38, 5 degrees);
- signs of inflammation in the body (high ESR, muscle pain, fever, chills, etc.);
- pronounced pain syndrome in the groin, perineum and anus;
- sharp pain in the perineum;
- difficulty urinating, painful urination;
- purulent discharge from the genitals.
What are the first symptoms in men?
When starting inflammation of prostate in men may occur only part of the symptoms. The signs of incipient inflammation of the prostate, you should pay special attention to:
- unpleasant sensations in the perineum;
- periodic weak dragging pain in the groin and perineum;
- nagging discomfort in the anus and rectum during defecation (in the absence of hemorrhoids);
- the long malaise that is not associated with SARS, sore throat, flu and other common colds;
- decreased libido, failure of ejaculation and erection (periodic lack of);
- the decline in the quality of orgasm;
- discomfort in urethra and groin during sex or after sex;
- change the consistency, color and smell of sperm;
- the increase in body temperature.
Pronounced signs of acute prostatitis:
- raising the temperature to 37,5-40 degrees for no apparent reason (no colds, no flu, no sore throat);
- frequency of urination is increased by 3-4 times and is accompanied by sharp pains. Urine flows slowly and with weak pressure;
- burning in the groin, perineum and bowel movement. Pain in the rectum during defecation;
- allocation of pus from the rectum or urethra (if severe purulent form of the disease).
Pronounced signs of chronic inflammation of the prostate:
- a burning sensation in the groin and perineum. A burning sensation in the genitals (especially during urination and sex);
- purulent discharge from the urethra after urinating and straining (either active or defecation). Purulent discharge from the rectum;
- nervousness, depression, irritability;
- fatigue for no apparent reason, drowsiness.
Pain in the inflammation of the prostate gland
Almost always when inflammation of the prostate gland, a man may find himself on the causes of the pain syndrome in his character. Typical nagging, aching or sharp pain in the perineum and groin. In the acute form, or when relapse of the chronic form of the disease pain are characterized as acute, sharp, severe aching, cutting and pulling. In the chronic form of the disease the pains are periodic, wave-like nature. Also pain can be mild, but constant. Inflamed prostate gland presses on the urethra, bladder neck and the ureters. That channels urine out of the bladder from which may appear painful urination. Also pain during urination can be a sign of infections of the bladder or urogenital system (diseases sexually transmitted diseases STDs).
Accompanying pain can have a completely different cause. As well as the presence of several accompanying prostatitis pain can be quite inflammation of the prostate, and a set of other diseases.
Other causes accompanying pain:
- abdominal pain is a symptom of many other diseases. A vivid example is appendicitis, acute poisoning, infection of the intestines or interfaith.
- Lower back can hurt due to a herniated, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerve, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis and other spinal diseases.
- pain in the anus can occur because of hemorrhoids, fissures, bruises, long sitting on an uncomfortable hard surface and various tumors (benign or malignant).
- Pain syndrome of the lumbosacral spine is more serious. Most often it is problems with bones, vertebrae and discs (osteochondrosis, osteoporosis, displacement, entrapment, etc.).
Sometimes pain in the sacrum indicate problems with other internal organs (kidneys, intestines, bladder, and ureters), gynecological diseases, thrombophlebitis, inflammation of the pelvic organs.
- Painful feet can mean a manifestation of flat feet, thrombosis, atherosclerosis, varicose veins, arthritis, osteoporosis, sciatica and even diabetes. Have pain in legs can be a variety of reasons.
The most common is fatigue of feet and muscles from prolonged physical activity.
What specialist deals with the treatment of the disease?
To diagnose the patient inflammation of the prostate gland only by a qualified urologist. He collects anamnesis and inspects the patient. Then send the man for tests (PSA-antigen – a protein for the detection of prostate) and ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
Also, the patient mandatory rents General blood and urine. The results of all tests urologist can accurately determine the diagnosis and the form of inflammation of the prostate gland. Only after these procedures, the doctor may prescribe the patient individual treatment, including drugs, antibiotics and other drugs which take usually home.
A man in 95% of cases, knows exactly what diagnosis will put a doctor because of pain in the inflammation of the prostate is very specific. You need to constantly listen to your body, to track all changes that occur to the body. The only way a man can for years to maintain your men's health. Launched prostatitis threatens not only the disorder of urination, and problems with libido, ejaculation, erection, which ultimately can lead to infertility.