Prostatitis is the most common disease of the male genital area, every second man after 60 years old suffers from inflammation of the prostate. Very often we hear about folk remedies for prostatitis.
Treatment of prostatitis in men with folk remedies can be carried out only after consultation with an andrologist, and in complex therapy, otherwise serious complications are possible.
Treatment of prostate inflammation with folk remedies should be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle. A man needs to eat right, do exercises to improve blood circulation in the tissues.
If you neglect these recommendations, folk remedies will be ineffective, and this is due to impaired blood circulation and degenerative changes in the prostate.
Treatment of acute prostatitis with folk remedies
If the patient has signs of acute prostatitis, for example, sharp pains in the lower abdomen, severe burning sensation during urination and high fever, a weak stream of urine, then you should consult a doctor. Prostatitis can be infectious and non-infectious. With bacterial inflammation, it is imperative to take antibiotics.
If you do not drink antibiotics and do not use a medical course of treatment, but treat a bacterial infection with folk remedies, there is a risk of provoking severe suppuration, which can result in sepsis. It is especially dangerous to warm up the prostate with an infectious inflammation, since bacteria multiply much faster in the heat.
If the patient has a recurrence of non-bacterial prostatitis, then traditional medicine recipes can be used in complex therapy. But not all recipes are allowed to be used together with medications. For acute prostatitis, the following remedies are effective:
- To strengthen the immune system and speedy recovery, it is useful to use freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices.
- To relieve inflammation, make microclysters with chamomile decoction.
- Candles with propolis and cocoa butter are quite safe and effective.
- For prostatitis, pear compote without added sugar is effective.
It is not recommended to treat acute prostatitis with baths due to a bacterial infection that could provoke a pathology; it is better to refuse this method of therapy.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis with folk remedies
Chronic inflammation of the prostate is an advanced form of the disease that is difficult to treat. For more effective therapy, the use of folk remedies is recommended, but the recommendations of the attending physician cannot be neglected.
The most effective alternative recipes for the treatment of chronic prostatitis:
- Healing baths. For the preparation of baths, you can use pine needles, chamomile, sage, calendula and other herbs that have anti-inflammatory effects. It is necessary to brew the herb and strain, pour the broth into a bowl of warm water and sit in it. The duration of the procedure is 15 minutes. Baths are carried out 2-3 times a week.
- Tincture of celandine, which is sold at the pharmacy, helps with prostatitis. In addition, celandine is an excellent antioxidant, it reduces the risk of adenoma and prostate cancer. Take the tincture for 2 months, starting with one drop, increasing by 1 drop every day.
- Honey is a well-known anti-inflammatory agent; candles for prostatitis are made with it. To prepare candles, honey, flour and an egg are mixed to form candles. The obtained suppositories must be injected into the rectum in the morning and in the evening for a month.
- Pumpkin seeds are very effective for chronic prostatitis. You need to eat 30 seeds daily.
- Chestnuts have long been used for adenoma and prostatitis. To prepare a medicinal broth, you need to take the peel of ripe chestnuts. The finished product is drunk during the day instead of tea, and is also used as microclysters.
- To relieve the symptoms of prostatitis, you can prepare a folk remedy with propolis, it relieves spasms and inflammation well. For the preparation of candles, take 0. 1 gram of propolis and 2 grams of cocoa butter. You need to be treated within 30 days.
Before using folk remedies, you need to make sure that they are not allergic.
Prevention of prostatitis
Prostatitis is a very unpleasant disease, so the best thing to do is to prevent the inflammation from reoccurring. The following methods will help prevent pathology:
- You should eat plenty of fresh herbs and vegetables, and don't forget about pumpkin seeds.
- To reduce the risk of prostate inflammation, you need to drink Ivan-tea courses 3 times a year.
- It is very useful for male strength and the prevention of prostatitis to eat a mixture of walnuts, dried apricots and honey.
- For prevention, it is recommended to drink a decoction of oats with the addition of parsley juice. To do this, boil the oatmeal until it becomes soft, then filter. Parsley juice is added to the liquid in a ratio of 1: 10. You need to drink a decoction of 100 grams three times a day.
An important condition for successful prevention is a proper sex life. Alternative medicine specialists, together with doctors, recommend having sex on a regular basis, preferably with a constant partner. It is better to refuse promiscuous sexual relations because of the risk of contracting infectious diseases.
Also, the prevention of prostatitis implies regular visits to the andrologist, refusal of fatty and junk food, alcohol. If the patient wants to prevent the development of prostatitis at home, it is imperative to do gymnastics, paying special attention to the pelvic area.
Folk remedies for prostatitis have been used by people for many centuries, but unfortunately, they are not as effective as necessary for this disease. Therefore, you should not get hung up on alternative treatment and neglect a trip to the doctor, such a choice will not lead to anything good.