Adenoma of the prostate and prostatitis are two diseases that cause a real panic attack in men. These "male" pathologies are not absolute analogues, although in both cases the prostate gland is affected, and you have to take medications for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma, use additional methods of therapy and prescribe surgery for complications. However, speaking of adenoma, they mean a benign neoplasm, while prostatitis is an inflammatory process that occurs in the prostate.
Both diseases are mostly diagnosed in men aged 45 or 50 years, while many males mistakenly believe that adenoma is a complication of prostatitis. This misconception is often based on the similarity of symptoms - both pathologies are accompanied by difficulty urinating and pain. Treatment has both some similarities and fundamental differences.
Disease Therapy Principles
Consider the main stages of therapy for prostate adenoma and prostatitis. In both cases, the treatment should be comprehensive, which will make it more effective. Acute prostatitis in men can be cured with the help of antimicrobial therapy using drugs with a wide range of effects, anti-inflammatory drugs, and taking desensitizing drugs. If an abscess is suspected, an opening of the source of a purulent inflammatory process is prescribed.
Drug treatment is designed to stabilize the patient's condition by lowering the temperature, stopping inflammation and bringing the general condition back to normal. The doctor confirms the need to remove the abscess by rectal and instrumental examination, laboratory tests. After an autopsy, a drain is placed in the hospital in order to drain pus. After the release of the prostate from the pus, the inflammatory processes stop, the drainage is removed, after which the wound heals within about a week.
Chronic prostatitis in men requires a much longer treatment time against the background of changes in the usual lifestyle and diet. The main goal of therapy is to eliminate congestion. To do this, use:
- Taking antimicrobial drugs, which will take two to eight weeks.
- Means that improve blood circulation.
- Prescription of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Application of physiotherapeutic methods - magnetotherapy and laser treatment. The use of ultrasound, reflexology and hirudotherapy is also recommended.
- Gland massage.
Modern therapeutic methods guarantee the establishment of a sufficiently stable remission, the duration of which can be years, and with a successful coincidence of circumstances, complete healing.
When a prostate adenoma is detected at the initial stages of development, the most effective treatment is medication. Similarly to the therapy of prostatitis in men, physiotherapy, diet therapy are prescribed, and it is recommended to adjust the lifestyle. The purpose of taking medications is to slow down the growth and decrease the volume of the gland, to reduce the severity of violations during urination, for which they use:
- Antimicrobial agents.
- Drugs that correct hormonal metabolism, which allows you to make the gland smaller.
- To stabilize the process of urination, drugs are recommended to improve the tone of the prostate and urethra.
- Vegetable capsules, the difficulty of working with which arises due to the fact that their action is not fully understood.
- Photodynamic therapy is prescribed.
- Ozone therapy, exercise therapy
In both cases, it is allowed to use folk recipes as an additional remedy after consultation with the attending physician. Medicines used for prostatitis and adenoma will work best against the background of the victim's refusal of addictions.
The use of antibiotics in the formation of prostatitis and adenoma of the gland
Consider what medications you need to take for prostatitis and prostate adenoma, and start with antimicrobial agents. Antibiotic drugs for prostate adenoma are used only when a bacterial infection joins the disease, which is considered to be quite common. Antimicrobial drugs for prostatitis are among the main points of therapy. In both cases, the following can be assigned:
- Penicillin group drugs. They come in the form of tablets, injections, and oral suspensions.
- Substances of the tetracycline group.
- Cephalosporins. Essential medicines for prostatitis. They are prescribed when the inflammation is provoked by gram-positive or gram-negative bacteria, anaerobic pathogens. Substances should be administered parenterally.
- Fluoroquinolones. They are prescribed in the presence of ureaplasma, chlamydia, gardnerella, staphylococcal or streptococcal pathogens, Escherichia coli or mycoplasma.
- Macrolide group. The advantage of the funds is their low toxicity, moreover, they are able to accumulate in the prostate. Medicines are produced in tablets or solutions.
- Aminoglycosides. This is an excellent option if the causative agent of inflammation is not identified or there are several of them.
Treatment with antimicrobial drugs for the diseases under consideration can remove many negative symptoms, but it is accompanied by side effects. For the most part, this is a disruption of the digestive system and the formation of dysbiosis.
Therapy with inhibitors and blockers
Among the remedies for prostatitis and prostate adenoma, α1-adrenergic blockers and inhibitors. The first ones have a relaxing effect on the muscle tissue of the prostate gland, due to which it is possible to quickly eliminate muscle spasm, which normalizes the urination process, which is disturbed in 85%. Moreover, such drugs can lead to a strong decrease in blood pressure, which should be taken into account when prescribing.
For prostate adenoma, drugs include 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. These funds are used most often, since they effectively prevent the development of pathology, help to reduce the size of the prostate and contribute to the normalization of the urinary process. Inhibitors are very effective remedies, since after a course of therapy, over 50% of victims do not need surgical intervention. An even greater effect is achieved with combined methods of treatment, moreover, the results obtained are much more stable than with mono-treatment.
Preparations for pain and inflammation in the prostate
Therapy for the pathologies under consideration involves the removal of pain and the elimination of inflammatory processes. Pain is especially excruciating during exacerbation of the course of the disease; antispasmodics help to relieve it. They help relax the smooth muscles of the prostate gland and help improve blood circulation.
Inflammatory processes in the prostate gland are characteristic of prostatitis. If you ignore the treatment, they will progress, accompanied by pain, impaired erectile function, urinary retention against the background of compressed ducts. Often, when recommending how to treat prostatitis, doctors prescribe drugs to relieve inflammation, which in many cases allows to remove negative symptoms.
An inexpensive and effective medicine for prostatitis, which is an anti-inflammatory, non-steroidal, antipyretic agent, can also be used. Any medicine should be taken strictly as directed by a doctor and under his direct supervision.
Herbal preparations used in treatment
Medicines for adenoma, which have a noticeable positive effect - herbal remedies, among which the extract obtained from the Permikson palm stands out.
Can be used:
- A drug that has a positive effect on the metabolism of the system, which is also a fortifying substance. It contains sandalwood, sage, ginseng, ginger, cloves, calamus and other components.
- A medicine that is a dietary supplement and contains over 40 ingredients, most of which are herbal.
- The drug is used as an antiseptic, analgesic and immunomodulator with antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. The product contains burdock root, elm and ash bark, juniper berries and bearberry leaf.
This is not a complete overview of drugs that can be used to treat prostatitis and prostate adenoma. However, they should be prescribed exclusively by a doctor, which will avoid unpleasant and dangerous consequences.