Prostatitis is an inflammatory process that has developed in the glandular tissue of the prostate gland, sometimes with a transition to the muscular part of this organ. This causes perineal pain, weakness, fatigue, urinary dysfunction and sexual dysfunction. It is imperative to treat acute prostatitis in order to avoid dangerous complications of this disease.
At the present time, both the causes and the processes occurring in prostatitis are well understood. Therefore, the urologist has a wide arsenal of tools for the treatment of this disease. They should be appointed only by a specialist who has knowledge of which links in the development of the disease a particular drug affects, and also takes into account contraindications to them. Consider the main groups of drugs used to treat prostatitis.
The most common cause of prostatitis is bacteria. Antibacterial drugs are directed against them.
In order to carry out a targeted effect on the bacterium that caused prostatitis in a particular person, it is necessary to conduct a bacteriological study of the secretion secreted by the prostate. Only after knowing the name of the microorganism, what its properties and to what antibacterial agents it is sensitive, you can choose an adequate antibiotic. And modern drugs of a similar orientation are able to cure even severe forms of the disease. In acute bacterial prostatitis, the following antibiotics are used:
This is not a complete list of antibacterial drugs that are used in the treatment of prostatitis.
If prostatitis has a herpetic etiology, it is treated with antiviral drugs. It:
The latter drug is the "gold standard" for the treatment of viral prostatitis.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Drugs such as Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Ketoprofen or Ketorolac are needed not so much to eliminate the pain that accompanies this disease, but to reduce the swelling of the gland and its inflammation. They also contribute to the appearance in the blood of substances that facilitate the manifestation of intoxication and reduce elevated body temperature.
The optimal drug that fights inflammation is Diclofenac, it also very well eliminates pain. If the pain is especially severe and sharp, Ketorolac is used.
Drugs that eliminate spasm
In the treatment of prostatitis, drugs are used that act on various key points of spasm of the muscles of the pelvis and prostate. This allows you to improve urination and help the drugs of the previous group to relieve pain. So, here they apply:
- Drotaverine: it acts on smooth muscles, making it impossible in it that reaction, due to which muscle spasm occurs;
- Baclofen: reduces the sensitivity of nerve fibers from the prostate and venomous organs;
- Tamsulosin: acts only on those receptors found in the muscles of the bladder and prostate.
A good addition to the treatment of prostatitis are the following medications:
- Prostate extract: the drug protects prostate cells from damage during inflammation, improves microcirculation, eliminates congestion in the vessels of the small pelvis, and strengthens the vessels. All of these effects are extremely beneficial for chronic prostatitis. Having an animal, not a chemical origin, does not cause side effects. It can be used in the form of injections or suppositories.
- Palm creeping fruit extract. It is a herbal remedy with a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. It also regulates the volume and force of urination, and reduces the unpleasant symptoms that occur when going to the toilet.
- Food bioactive supplement, contains a complex of proteins and nucleoproteins isolated from the prostate gland of cattle, which affects the metabolism of the prostate, normalizing its work and, accordingly, urination.