Proper nutrition for various diseases is a significant component of a speedy recovery. A diet for prostatitis and prostate adenoma improves the condition of the body, helps to fight a number of unpleasant symptoms in men. Errors in the diet, on the contrary, can aggravate unpleasant symptoms and increase the discomfort caused by prostate diseases.
Nutritional features for prostatitis
Main Effects of Eating Properly in Prostate Inflammation:
- Prevents irritation of the pelvic organs, which can exacerbate inflammation.
- Strengthening the functionality of the immune system.
- Normalization of the digestive tract.
- Decreased urge to urinate, especially at night.
- Prevention of hardening of the prostate by restoring blood flow and providing the organ with nutrients.
Therapeutic diet involves:
- Enrichment of the diet with healthy products.
- Establishing a drinking regime (at least 2-2. 5 liters of filtered water per day).
- Combination of eating "healthy" food with physical activity (for example, physical education).
- Compilation of separate menus for the phases of "exacerbation" and "remission".
- Complete rejection of bad habits.
Proper nutrition for prostatitis in men consists in the consumption of foods that help accelerate the cure. Detailed recommendations are provided by a medical specialist.
The following should be added to the diet:
- Nuts of all varieties.
- Various dried fruits.
- Lean meat.
- Parsley and other fresh herbs.
- Red fish.
- Vegetable fats.
- Non-acidic fruits.
- Gray bread.
- Buckwheat / oatmeal.
- Fermented baked milk, kefir and cottage cheese.
- Fruit compotes.
- Fresh juices (in particular, asparagus).
When forming a daily diet menu, it is necessary to pay attention to the amount of fiber consumed. It is important for normal bowel movements (excretion of feces from the digestive tract by the body). You should also eat zinc-fortified foods. The trace element increases resistance to infection and improves (as well as quantity) the quality of semen.
In case of stable remission, the following are allowed:
- Some fried food.
- Dry wine (1-2 times a month 100 ml).
When diagnosed with prostatitis, the following are prohibited for men:
- "Fatty" food - increases cholesterol levels, promotes the formation of plaques on the walls of blood vessels. Regular nutrition "fatty" leads to impaired blood circulation, complicating the course of the disease.
- Alcohol (even beer) - negatively affects the blood flow and health of a man in general. It leads to the appearance of congestion in the small pelvis, reduces immunity, disrupts the production of hormones and prostatic secretions, and upsets erectile function.
- Strong coffee - negatively affects the vascular system, increases pressure on the prostate gland, promotes the spread of infection (with a bacterial or viral etiology of inflammation) throughout the body.
The following products are also contraindicated:
- Fast food.
- Rich soups.
- Hot peppers, garlic and onions.
- Spicy food.
- Smoked products.
- Fatty pork and lamb.
- Sour fruits.
- Food containing chemical additives.
- Carbonated drinks.
Diet for prostatitis in men: menu for a week
Diet changes depending on the stage of prostatitis. Nutrition for chronic prostatitis can be more varied. An example of a weekly menu for men in remission is presented in the table.
|Monday||Cabbage and carrot salad;
Oatmeal porridge;Fruit juice.
Boiled beef with vegetable stew;Some fruit.
Fresh apple juice.
|Tuesday||Cucumber and greens salad;
Millet porridge;Cherry compote.
|Shrimp and vegetable soup;
Steamed cutlet with mashed potatoes;Tea with honey.
Berry salad flavored with sour cream.
Cucumbers and tomatoes;Morse.
|Borscht in vegetable broth;
Boiled breast;Garlic salad; Green tea.
Sour cream spoon;Kissel from fruits.
Pumpkin seed and dried apricot cupcake;Herbal decoction.
|Fresh cabbage soup;
Boiled rabbit with vegetable garnish;Sweet orange.
Celery Stew;Apple compote.
Dried bread with cheese;Mint tea.
Veal stew with baked potatoes;Tomatoes.
|Pancake with berries;
2 tablespoons of low-fat cottage cheese.
|Saturday||Corn porridge with dried apricots;
Soft-boiled egg;Fresh orange juice.
|Vegetable turkey soup;
Steam meatballs;Dried fruits compote.
Lettuce leaves with olive oil.
Salad with peeled pumpkin seeds;Herbal decoction.
Steamed fish with buckwheat;Green or white tea.
On the background of an exacerbation, nutrition should be light and gentle. Nutritionists advise the following option:
- Breakfast. Buckwheat porridge "smear", fruit jelly;
- Lunch. Cabbage soup, boiled fish, beet salad, tea without added sugar;
- Dinner. Steamed chicken meatballs with boiled vegetables and compote;
- For the night. A small portion of homemade yogurt.
The following menu will also work:
- Breakfast. Oatmeal with a little honey, cherry jelly;
- Lunch. Tomato liquid soup, light vegetable salad, a slice of grain bread with low-fat cheese, green tea;
- Dinner. Zucchini stewed with eggs, a slice of boiled fish, fresh;
- Before bed. Strawberry juice.
The following diet is suitable for antibiotic therapy:
- Morning. Curd casserole with berries, herbal tea;
- Day. Carrot salad, chicken soup, boiled rabbit with vegetables;
- Evening. Baked vegetables, banana and apple;
- For the night. A glass of yogurt.
How to eat properly for BPH?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is expressed in the proliferation of organ tissues. After confirming the diagnosis, the doctor, in addition to drug therapy, prescribes a specialized diet. For BPH, the diet is based on several principles:
- Lack of hunger combined with weight correction;
- In case of obesity, food is selected in such a way as to ensure weight loss;
- A varied menu, dishes in which contain the necessary microelements and vitamins;
- Splitting the daily food intake into 4-5 meals;
- Avoiding food before bedtime.
The main focus is on products that help reduce benign tumors. Any food that increases the load on the bladder and causes (even indirectly) inflammatory processes is excluded.
Diet disorder in BPH is fraught with men:
- Constipation or diarrhea.
- Bladder irritation.
- Increased risk of stagnation of secretions and blood in the prostate.
Sometimes men with diagnosed prostate adenoma switch to sports nutrition, considering it the most balanced. It is important to understand that it was developed for healthy people (and that, in addition to the main food) and is not intended for use in the presence of pathological processes in the body.
Nutritional Guidelines for BPH:
- Food should be eaten at approximately the same time.
- Feelings of overeating should not be allowed.
- The diet is calculated for each man individually.
- The main focus is foods containing fiber and zinc.
- Elimination of food that negatively affects the immune system.
- Diet varies depending on whether you are medication or surgery.
Foods that are useful for BPH are included in the diet:
- Vegetable fats.
- Diet meat.
- Baked or raw vegetables and fruits. It is especially important to add cucumbers, pears, kiwi, potatoes, watermelons, bananas, and dates to the diet.
- Fermented milk products.
- Pomegranate, carrot, beetroot, cranberry and tomato juice.
- Mussels, fish, seaweed.
As with prostatitis, drinking is important. You need to drink about 2. 5 liters of water per day.
Experts advise to refuse:
- Fast food.
- Processed and smoked cheeses.
- Store juices and sugary drinks.
- Chili peppers.
What do men's reviews say?
On the Internet, you can find comments from men talking about their own experiences with prostatitis and BPH. Along with information about medications, patients also share the results of the diet in their reviews.
“I have been suffering from prostatitis for more than 5 years. During this time, I have not tried anything. And I went to the doctors, and was engaged in self-medication, there was no sense. For myself, I noted that while maintaining the correct lifestyle (I am talking about nutrition now), relapses occur much less often, and they are not so "bright" manifested. The most important thing is to exclude alcohol, and not to smoke if possible, and, as usual, remove fried, salty and spicy foods. "
“I started having terrible urination problems half a year ago. I went to the doctor, he said that I have prostatitis. First of all, he warned me that treatment and recovery depends on how I eat and how active I am. There was no trace of inflammation of the prostate. I am sure that diet has contributed the lion's share to the effectiveness of treatment ”.
“Prostate adenoma crept up unnoticed. The doctor said that surgery is not recommended at my age (besides, I have heart problems). He prescribed medications, advised him to walk more in the fresh air and adjust the diet, wrote down what you can eat and what you can't. He strictly forbade drinking alcohol. I feel pretty good, an erection even appeared. The mood improved, I wanted to live with renewed vigor ”.