Prostatitis tablets are the basic and primary remedy for any form of this disease. They contribute to the fastest recovery of the patient, and the spectrum of their action is directed to each of the elements of the development of the disease.
The main thing to remember when choosing medicines for prostatitis is that they should be prescribed by a doctor. It is a qualified specialist who will determine the treatment purely individually, taking into account the interaction of tablets for prostatitis with other drugs that are prescribed to a man, taking into account the side effects and the effect of the drug on the entire body as a whole.
Not only the disease of the prostate gland itself can cause painful sensations and psychological discomfort, but an incorrectly selected drug can cause harm: cause an allergic reaction, deterioration of reproductive function, or cause insufficient erection in a man, which is one of the symptoms of impotence.
Medicines used for prostatitis are divided into the following main groups, while they are taken in combination:
- Antibacterial drugs.The first choice of a doctor in the treatment of a disease, especially its acute form. Aimed at destroying the causative agent of the disease, which is detected on the basis of laboratory analyzes of the secretion of the prostate gland. They should freely penetrate the tissues of the prostate and cause a high concentration of the substance in it, therefore the course of antibiotics is at least 4 weeks; for severe pain, antibacterial drugs are administered intravenously.
- Alpha blockers.Prostatitis pills from this group are intended for those men who have impaired urination. They relax the smooth muscle fibers of the prostate and bladder, relieve sphincter spasm, improve the outflow of urine and seminal fluid, reduce the number of urges, and reduce pressure on the bladder.
- Muscle relaxants.They have an effect similar to alpha-blockers, but aimed at the perineal region, which is constantly in an increased tone during prostatitis. Reduce pressure on the pelvic area, reduce pain.
- Painkillers.Relieve pain in the lower abdomen. The dosage must be checked with a doctor.
- Phytotherapeutic medicines.Based on natural medicinal herbs. They reduce the edema of the prostate gland, its inflammation, prevent stagnation, restore the outflow of physiological fluids. Preparations based on pumpkin seeds, fruits of creeping palm and sabal are considered popular.
- Hormonal agents.Aimed at reducing the level of testosterone, which contributes to the proliferation of prostate tissue, normalizing the overall hormonal background.
- Calming.Designed for patients who are depressed due to impaired quality of life, including sexual.
- Vitamins.Essential for the general strengthening of the immune system, which is weakened by both the disease and the course of treatment itself.
Essential medicines for prostatitis and BPH
From a medical point of view, the best cure for prostatitis does not exist, which is obvious, since this or that drug is directed both to one or more of the causes of the disease, so only to one of the forms of development of the disease:
- In case of an acute bacterial formcaused by bacteria from the group of Escherichia coli, antibacterial drugs from the group of fluoroquinols are required.
- Chronic bacterial formusually heals within a few weeks, since antibiotic therapy is ineffective for this form.
- The non-bacterial form of prostatitis, even taking into account the fact that no infection was detected in it, is still treated with antibiotics, since specialists have identified a decrease in pain syndromes in patients.
The best cure for prostatitis will be different for each patient, but there are a number of drugs known from advertisements and most often asked in pharmacies that are aimed at improving urination, affecting metabolism and microcirculation in the prostate. Most often they are prescribed for the treatment of chronic prostatitis and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Prostate adenoma drugs are mainly androgens that facilitate urination by increasing the functional capacity of the detrusor.
There are many drugs for the treatment of prostatitis, including for the treatment of prostate adenoma, but it must be remembered that such drugs must be taken only as directed by a doctor so that self-medication does not lead to deterioration of health.