No matter how much the advantages of alternative methods are described, medical treatment of prostatitis in men is the most effective. Its nomenclature is updated annually. In this article, we will discuss prostatitis in men and its treatment with medications. And also, what should be taken for prostatitis, what pills, name? We will talk about this later.
For the treatment of prostatitis, the followingtypes of medicines are used:antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, alpha-blockers, hormonal agents, immunocorrectors, muscle relaxants, biostimulants, multivitamins.
It should be noted that the treatment of prostatitis with medications should be carried out only under the supervision of a doctor!
The most common cause of prostatitis is abacterial infection.Antibiotics are the main means of killing bacteria.
To prescribe them, you need to make sure that theis dealing with the bacterial form of prostatitis.
Otherwise, taking antibiotics will only harm.
The choice of a specific type of antibiotic depends on the type of pathogen identified.
Reveal itby laboratory methods.
Usually, a doctor prescribes fluoroquinolones for the treatment of bacterial prostatitis: ciprofloxacin, gatiloxacin, lomefloxacin, moxifloxacin, ofloxacin. They are distinguished by their activity, permeability, action against many types of bacteria; when administered orally, they accumulate in the gland.
Antibiotics of all the listed types are taken in the form of injections (most effective), rectal suppositories, and tablets.
In the acute form of the disease, the medicine is taken from a month to three. In chronic admission, the timing depends on the rate of cure.
Chronic prostatitis is well treated with antibiotics under the names doxycycline hydrochloride, oleandomycin, erythromycin, cephalexin. They are especially effective for congestive inflammation: the pathogenic flora develops intensively precisely against the background of the accumulation of secretions. The accumulation of antibiotics in the gland helps prevent recurrence.
Pills for prostatitis in men and other medicines
How to treat prostatitis in men? Tablets, suppositories and other drugs.
Drugs, suppositories and tablets for prostatitis - list:
- To improve urination (its worsening is the main symptom of prostatitis), agents of the alpha-1-blocker group are used.
- Alpha-adrenergic receptor blockers in the form of capsules, tablets. This group of drugs works on the smooth muscles in the gland itself and in the bladder. Under their action, urine is better secreted and flows out, the flow of which is difficult with prostatitis.
Nonsteroids. To eliminate pain in the groin and perineum with prostatitis, non-steroids are used. The best of them are ketorolac tromethamine (injections, tablets). diclofenac sodium (injections, suppositories). Ketoprofen, ibuprofen, meloxicam (tablets, injections, suppositories) are also used according to a similar scheme.
Taking these drugs adversely affects the digestive system.
Therefore, the regimen is usually for three days, then continuation after a weekly interval.
Ketorolac tromethamine is taken once only for acute pain.
- Antispasmodics. If the cause of pain in prostatitis is a spasm of the muscles of the perineum with prostate adenoma, antispasmodics and muscle relaxants help well.
- Phytopreparations do not act so quickly and effectively in case of prostatitis, but they are harmless. They contain minerals, herbal extracts that have a complex effect: relieve inflammation, pain, cramps in the gland, some even kill bacteria. They are suitable for regular use during illness, in remission and for prophylaxis.
- Candles. Filling rectal suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis is made with antibiotics, propolis, antispasmodics, components of cattle glands, and other components. Examples of drugs administered with suppositories: bioprost, prostatilen, viferon, prostopin, olestezin. The use of suppositories for prostatitis eliminates edema, pain, inflammation. With their help, sexual and urinary functions are restored, the development of vascular thrombosis is suppressed, and blood circulation is improved.
- Chinese plasters act on the focus of inflammation of the prostate by penetrating microparticles of the drug through the skin. This was achieved by nanotechnology. In parallel, you can drink antibiotics to enhance the effect.
- Prostate extract (injection) preparation combines several functions. Designed to strengthen the immune system, blood vessels, walls of gland cells, normalize blood circulation, restore tissue. All these processes with his assistance are accelerated at times.
- Hormonal drugs restore the balance of male sex hormones, his sexual function. From prostatitis, which pills to use? The best of these is finasteride in tablet form.
- Additionally, patients are prescribed exercise therapy, physiotherapy, massage, water procedures.
- To improve immunity. Even in the presence of damaging factors, pathology might not exist if the patient did not have a weakened immune system. To increase it, immunomodulators are used:
- Preparations: Taktivin, Inteferon that increase immunity from foreign microbes;
- Levamisole - stimulant of T-lymphocytes;
- tablets for prostatitis for men, including sodium nucleinate, which increase the activity of macrophage cells;
- medications from dried juice of the herb Echinacea purpurea, methyluracil to increase cellular immunity.
The most effective combination
The most effective is the combination of two forms of drug treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma - injections and rectal suppositories. Both are used for acute and chronic forms of the disease.
An example of an effective set of medicines for bacterial prostatitis:
- injection of the nonsteroidal ketorolac tromethamine to relieve acute pain;
- tablets for the treatment of prostatitis in men alfuzosin hydrochloride to improve urination;
- injection of ceftriaxone antibiotic;
- complex injection of prostate extract, interferon to improve immunity.
How to supplement the treatment?
For a speedy cure of prostatitis, you need:
- sleep 8-9 hours a day at night;
- avoid stress;
- eat right, diet;
- forget about alcohol, smoking, gambling, and other stress-related activities during the treatment of prostatitis;
- regularly have sex with one partner;
- not put the prostate at risk of injury;
- not to catch cold;
- move as much as possible.
Physiotherapy.Physiotherapy procedures for prostatitis are carried out by means of apparatus through the skin or mucous membranes of a patient with prostatitis.
They are usually performed on an outpatient basis. The devices can also be purchased for individual use at retail.
Folk remedies for the treatment of prostatitis. These include: pumpkin seeds, hazel, aspen, chestnuts, propolis, parsley.
Microclysters are used to inject drugs for prostatitis into the rectum in accordance with their purpose, indicated in the instructions.
Healing, mud baths treat prostatitis by warming problem areas, the action of beneficial substances contained in the liquid.
Prostate massageis a very effective part of the complex therapy of prostatitis. Although you can't call it pleasant.
By direct action with a gloved finger, the doctor removes the tension of the gland muscles, gradually relieves the edema.
From this, the patient's pain disappears, the lobes of the organ acquire equal dimensions, and its functions are restored. There is an outflow of secretions and stagnant sperm with harmful microflora.
Competent prostate massagewill only be performed by a specialist doctor wearing special gloves, who must be called at home for this.
The body is veryfragile,if you try to perform the same actions yourself (self-massage) or with the help of an incompetent person, you can seriously injure him with the risk of blood poisoning.Self-massagewith prostatitis is unacceptable!
Any exercise is useful for the prevention of prostatitis, starting with the usual morning exercises. But special exercises have been developed specifically against prostatitis.
A set of Kegel exercises is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the perineum. Identifying them is simple: a man holds back the stream of urine while writing. Those muscles (muscles of the prostate) that will work in this case, and must be trained.
- Stretch and relax the prostate muscles alternately. The faster the better.
- We tighten the muscles, keep them tense for 4 seconds, smoothly relax.
- Smoothly tighten the muscles, as in a bowel movement. Relax.
At the first lesson, we repeat each of the exercises eight times. We repeat this cycle five times a day.
Increase the number of reps of each exercise in the cycle by four weekly until we reach 45 reps. We do this kind of gymnastics every day, while the problem of prostatitis is relevant.
Sauna has a relaxing effect on the smooth muscle of the prostate gland, increases blood flow in the lower abdomen, improves immunity. The condition of a patient with prostatitis improves if the sauna is combined with diaphoretic tea, the use of apple cider vinegar.
Diet. In the diet of a patient with prostatitis, most are vegetables and fruits.
- spices- parsley, mustard, horseradish - reduce inflammation, accelerate recovery;
- onions, garlickill bacteria that cause disease;
- improve blood circulation, potency;
- zinc,required for prostate function, is found in marine products: shrimp, algae, crabs, fish, mussels.
A person with prostatitis should avoid these foods:
- alcohol, coffee, carbonated drinks, tea;
- fatty, smoked, fried foods, semi-finished products, fast food, baked goods;
- legumes and canned food.
Yoga classes, folk remedies, hot baths, Russian baths and saunas, mud therapy will be an excellent addition.
Now you know which pills for prostatitis, drugs and drugs should be taken. After the completion of drug treatment, we resume efforts to prevent the disease.
Prostatitis preventioncovers measures to prevent recurrence. For men over forty years of age, such measures should be taken regardless of whether they received treatment or not.